GRAPHIC & MOTION DESIGNER
Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great products with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We are proud of more than 20+ years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic, and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics, and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big.
The Graphic and Motion Designer reports to the Global Creative Director and designs digital, motion based and print marketing assets, including organic & paid social, in-store experiences, sell-in and sell- through collateral and motion-based designs. This position will be focused on developing creative communications that drive brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty.
The Graphic & Motion Designer’s responsibilities include developing branded creative in accordance with marketing briefs, and monitoring performance metrics to improve design efficacy. This position collaborates with fellow members of the creative team and project stakeholders to create impactful brand experiences.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Concept and create branded marketing assets that align with creative briefs, industry best practices and historical performance data.
- Ideate with the Creative Director and Art Director to produce industry leading design solutions.
- Understand and interpret the Nixon brand in the creation of all digital, in store and print assets.
- Partner with creative colleagues on photography, video and copy needs for creative assignments.
- Abide by review processes and timelines.
- Stay current on industry best practices, modern technologies, and consumer trends.
- Self-manage workload based on deadlines.
- 4-5 years of experience as a digital designer in the creative field
- 3 years designing motion based creative and video
- Strong portfolio of high-level digital & print advertising campaign creative
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly skilled in After Effects and Premiere
- Experience with web-based project management tools such as Basecamp, Asana, etc.
- Working knowledge MS office, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Photographic and videography skills are a plus
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interpret and follow design guidelines, creative briefs, and feedback
- Ability to recognize opportunities for more creative thinking within a project
- Willingness to follow and create standard process and practice strong file organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and self-manage personal deadlines
Come join the Nixon Team! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Graphic Motion Designer in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA. Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!